KITKAT MIUI 6 RELEASED 19.09.2014
1. This is a special edition of MIUI 6 for Xiaomi Mi 2/2S based on Android 4.4 Kitkat. You need to flash using Fastboot. Please backup your data before flashing.
2. This is a unstable ROM. If any questions, please go to Bug session to report.
3. This is not a Dev version or a Stable version. It might be highly unstable in some devices. Only recommend for phone enthusiasts. If you need to flash back to MIUI Dev Version, you need to flash via fastboot. Flashing guide: http://en.miui.com/thread-11043-1-1.html．
4. flash_all.bat will clear all your data, including your data stored in internal storage. Please backup your data (pictures, music, videos etc.) to local then flash your device.
5. After you flash your device and restore your data via Backup app, please don’t restore the System Settings (you need to exclude System option like below).
Things You Need
Download the ROM flashing tools and the full ROM pack, unzip after downloading is completed.
Operate on the phone. Turn off the phone, press the Volume – key and the Power button at the same time to enter Fastboot mode, then connect the phone to a computer.
Double click on the zip file after downloading is completed to decompile it. Open the folder of the ROM pack, and copy its address on the computer.
Decompile and install the ROM flashing tools after downloading is completed (if there’s a security prompt, please select Allow).Open MiFlash.exe and paste the address copied in the last step into the address bar. Click on the first buttonto Refresh, and MiFlash will automatically recognize the phone. Then click the second button to flash.
Click Advanced Setting, change “flash_all_except_storage.bat” to “flash_all.bat” and click confirm (button on the left in the bottom).
Wait until the progress bar on MiFlash is green, which means the ROM is successfully flashed, and the phone will automatically boot.
Xiaomi fans around the world are waiting in anticipation for the launch of MIUI V6 tomorrow. If you don’t want any spoilers look away now as the following are leaked images of the new UI compared to V5.
I’m sure that many will agree that Xiaomi’s phones are great devices, and their custom ROM is excellent too, but the real weak point is the ancient, almost cartoonish UI. It has been year since Xiaomi have release an updated UI, and tomorrows MIUI 6 will be the most substantial yet!
The following images claim to show the new MIUI 6 UI compared to V5. The details we can gather from the images are that Xiaomi are going for a more modern “flat” UI which is currently trending.
Everything from the icons to the notification bar and menus has been given a fresh face in the new ROM.
Read our Xiaomi Mi4 first impressions now!
Unfortunately the images posted here are from Weibo and are of poor quality, the good news is that we only have to wait until tomorrow to see the new UI first hand. We will post details of MIUI 6 as soon as it is announced.