KITKAT MIUI 6 RELEASED 19.09.2014
1. This is a special edition of MIUI 6 for Xiaomi Mi 2/2S based on Android 4.4 Kitkat. You need to flash using Fastboot. Please backup your data before flashing.
2. This is a unstable ROM. If any questions, please go to Bug session to report.
3. This is not a Dev version or a Stable version. It might be highly unstable in some devices. Only recommend for phone enthusiasts. If you need to flash back to MIUI Dev Version, you need to flash via fastboot. Flashing guide: http://en.miui.com/thread-11043-1-1.html．
4. flash_all.bat will clear all your data, including your data stored in internal storage. Please backup your data (pictures, music, videos etc.) to local then flash your device.
5. After you flash your device and restore your data via Backup app, please don’t restore the System Settings (you need to exclude System option like below).
Things You Need
Download the ROM flashing tools and the full ROM pack, unzip after downloading is completed.
Operate on the phone. Turn off the phone, press the Volume – key and the Power button at the same time to enter Fastboot mode, then connect the phone to a computer.
Double click on the zip file after downloading is completed to decompile it. Open the folder of the ROM pack, and copy its address on the computer.
Decompile and install the ROM flashing tools after downloading is completed (if there’s a security prompt, please select Allow).Open MiFlash.exe and paste the address copied in the last step into the address bar. Click on the first buttonto Refresh, and MiFlash will automatically recognize the phone. Then click the second button to flash.
Click Advanced Setting, change “flash_all_except_storage.bat” to “flash_all.bat” and click confirm (button on the left in the bottom).
Wait until the progress bar on MiFlash is green, which means the ROM is successfully flashed, and the phone will automatically boot.
We’re working on Android 4.4 Kitkat MIUI for the OnePlus One!! And it will be tested by MIUI Beta Team soon! Are you interested? Come on and join the beta team to test it.
10 beta testers are wanted for Kitkat MIUI for the OnePlus One now!!
As it’s a closed beta version, there may still be many bugs. It’s kind of risky to flash it.
Please think carefully before applying. Thanks!
1. You need to have a OnePlus One
2. Your MIUI English forum credits should be over 50
3. You need to report bugs in this forum
4. You need to write a review about Kitkat MIUI on OnePlus One and post it in this forum
5. Please don’t leak the rom package before the official release, otherwise, you will be removed from the beta team immediately
1. Read permission: 89
2. Larger attachment size
3. Access to MIUI daily updates
4. Priority of joining MIUI official activities
5. Special forum rewards and medals
The reason why we want 50 credits is that we want to give more chances to active users in this forum. Applicants with more credits are preferred to be beta testers. If we can’t find enough users with enough credits, we’ll consider those with less credits. It’s easy to get credits by posting threads and replies in the forum. Hope you understand.
Apply here – http://en.miui.com/thread-30826-1-1.html
BETA 2 JUST UPLOADED
Just sharing with you , if anybody is interested, a Beta version of MIUI for the OnePlus One.
I flashed it successfully on my International OnePlus One and am running it right now.
ALL CREDITS GO TO ID这么难么的个人空间 (miui.com developer). You can see the original thread here:
My changes (Beta 2 released 28.07)
- added Apollo Player
- added fully working CM11S camera
- added AudioFX (works perfectly with Apollo or Google Play Music)
- removed Chinese apps
- removed Sougou keyboard and Baidu apps
- added Sony Honami Keyboard
- a few minor build.prop changes
- ROM is already rooted, the MIUI permission manager works perfectly
How to flash
- Download OnePlus_MIUI2.0_BETA2.zip and copy to your phones storage
- Download the Gapps package and copy to your phones storage
- Unlock bootloader and acquire custom recovery from here: https://forums.oneplus.net/threads/…oader-install-custom-recovery-and-root.64487/
- Reboot into recovery
- Wipe data, cache, dalvik cache and sytem
- Install OnePlus_MIUI2.0_BETA.zip
- Reboot your phone and setup the MIUI account
- Restart back into recovery and flash Gapps
- Wipe Cache and Dalvik
- Reboot into system
- Enjoy MIUI
Screenshots (Mega folder link)
Let me know what you think in the comments below. Are you happy there is a MIUI ROM already?
Want to buy the OnePlus One ?!? Head over to our partner and find out more about
OnePlus One on antelife.com