If you have bitten the bullet and decided to buy the Chinese version of the OnePlus One, your next step will likely to remove ColorOS and flash CM11s on the phone here is how.
ColorOS is the same system that ships on the Oppo Find 7, and has some great features. I, and others, would even go so far to say ColorOS has more in the way of features when compared to CM11S (check out the links above), but as it’s a Chinese ROM it only supports Chinese and English and doesn’t have Google services installed which means a ROOT.
Download CM11S for the Chinese OnePlus One
Once you have decided you want the full OnePlus experience on your OPO and want to flash to CM11S you are going to want to download a CyanogenMod 11S factory image.
Being open source you can download the CM11S factory images directly from the CyanogenMod website. These CM11S factory images include Google Services. There are 3 to choose from, for this how to I used the first ROM option: cm-11.0-XNPH22R-bacon-signed.zip Once download you can begin with the flashing process.
How to flash CM11s on to your Chinese OnePlus One
Before you begin we also suggest you make a back up of anything you want to keep from your phone. Follow these steps to flash CyanogenMod 11S to the Chinese OnePlus One;
- Move the CM11S ROM you downloaded above to the ROOT of your phone. In this case I have named the file ‘update.zip’.
- Turn off your OnePlus One
- When the power is off hold the Power button and Volume down (volume -) buttons together.
- Enter recovery mode.
- Choose ‘English’.
- Wipe data and cache (backup anything you don’t want to loose) and choose ‘Yes’.
- Once the cache is cleared go back to the recovery page and choose ‘Install from SD’
- Choose the cm-11.0-XNPH22R-bacon-signed.zip file and install, and ‘Yes’ to install.
- The OPO should now start to update to CyanogenMod 11s.
- Once installed the OPO should reboot showing the Cyanogen logo and ‘Powered by Android’
- You are now running CyanogenMod 11S Congratulations!
The whole process should only take a few minutes and is much simple than the number of steps might suggest. Now that you have CM11S on your OnePlus One you can log in to your Google account and enjoy all the same features as the Global version of the OnePlus One.
I hope you found this how to useful. Let me know if you decide to follow it and install CM11S on your Chinese OnePlus One. Also, let us know if you have any tips or alternative methods.